• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Purchase questions

BLACKBIRD
Swabby
Swabby
Home Port: ST AUGUSTINE

Purchase questions

Post by BLACKBIRD »

Greetings,,My wife and i are looking at a 1989 Albin sundeck 43,,with twin ford Lehman 135 hp naturally aspirated,,,6200 hours,,,no teak decks,,,i have some questions,,of course,lol,,,are the hours on those motors okay?..,,and also im concerned about the fuel tanks,,,leaks ,,,,Same owner for the past 20 years,,so im guessing proper maintenance was done,,,,Thanks in advance ,,
Nepidae
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Essington, PA

Re: Purchase questions

Post by Nepidae »

At this point you may have made your purchase and it may not have been the 43.
We bought an '86 in 2010 and we had considerably less hours than 6200, but according to Brian Smith at American Diesel, the company you will need to know about if you did or do buy a boat with Ford Lehman engines, the FL engines are bullet proof.

Brian's dad Bob was involved in the marinization of the Ford engine and they are about the sole place for replacement parts.

Brian's comment would be that you have plenty of hours before you'd need to do anything, but check out their web site and contact Brian.

If you bought the 43 and want someone to bounce ideas or questions off of shoot me an email.

We are currently in Philly getting ready to leave on Leg 2 of our Loop.
Calm seas,

Charles

Jane & Charles Williamson
m/v Nepidae
Albin 43 Sundeck
Nepidae.trawler@gmail.com
MTOA-3927
AGLCA - 12114 (ret)
Currently: On the Loop

Return to “36/37/40/43”