• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Albin 36 window shade sizes?

davb1947
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: St. Joseph, MI

Albin 36 window shade sizes?

Post by davb1947 »

We just bought a 36 and urgently need shades in a crowded marina. The problem is, the boat is in NY and I’m in MI. Can anyone give me window dimensions so I can buy them here and take them with me?

Three forward windshields
Main saloon windows, port, starboard, aft
Main stateroom, port, starboard, aft

Thank you! You may keep me from being arrested for public nudity.
Dave
Albin 36
Molly
Nepidae
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Essington, PA

Re: Albin 36 window shade sizes?

Post by Nepidae »

Dave,

I can't give you the dimensions of the windows, BUT I can offer an alternative.

I got truck window sun deflectors and set them up to block the sun and front visibility into the saloon. They can be cut if necessary and I got bards to nail into the window frame to hold them in place.

We don't drive from below so we don't need to move/remove them but if we did it would be simple to remove and then replace. Has worked very well for 4 or 5 years.

The side windows we had curtains until last year when Jane made new curtains which have worked out great. We had tracks that hold hooks that are attached to the curtain. If you don't have tracks then a curtain rod that is spring loaded would work well, we use that for the curtain over the side doors.

Now when you get to the port lights in the SR there is no real option in my opinion, other than my patented method, which I will reveal to you. Measure the width of the widest place on the window. Buy a dowel and cut it to that length with a little more. Then drill 2 holes in the end of the dowel, make sure that they are both going the same way. Then put a curtain on the dowel (a piece of fabric which has an opening at the top to slide the dowel through). Finally, get a bungee cord, at a sewing shop, that can go thru the dowel. Tie it snug but able to stretch across the window.

On our port lights they can hang when the port light is closed on the hinge and when it is open it can be slid over the window to block the opening, but will still allow a breeze to get through.

Hope this helps. Let me know if a picture will help.

Good luck.
Calm seas,

Charles

Jane & Charles Williamson
m/v Nepidae
Albin 43 Sundeck
Nepidae.trawler@gmail.com
MTOA-3927
AGLCA - 12114 (ret)
Currently: On the Loop
davb1947
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by davb1947 »

Thank, Charles. That’s helpful. If you have a picture, that would be great.
Dave
Albin 36
Molly
davb1947
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by davb1947 »

I have all the window dimensions now if anyone wants them.
Dave
Albin 36
Molly

Return to “36/37/40/43”