• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

1987 Albin 36 St Croix davits

Sashay
Deckhand
Deckhand
Home Port: Kemah, TX

1987 Albin 36 St Croix davits

Post by Sashay »

I've done some horse trading and come up with a pair of St Croix davits. I'm wondering if anyone has added them or any other davits to their 36? I'm interested in seeing any examples of the mounting configuration for the deck brackets. I'm certain that there are better davits for our boat but we've already own the St. Croix
Thanks in advance for any pictures and or advise
M/V Sashay
CHB
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: East Greenwich, RI

Re: 1987 Albin 36 St Croix davits

Post by CHB »

I picked up a pair of St. Croix rotating davits at a good price a few years ago. I hold a 10'6" AB hardbottom with either a 3.5 Tohatsu or a 20 Honda. I used wires instead of struts and stretcher bars to keep the davits in place. It is easy to disconnect the wires and fold the davits in when necessary. Take a look at the photos.
IMG_0054.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
Nepidae
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Essington, PA

Re: 1987 Albin 36 St Croix davits

Post by Nepidae »

Well you got them hope they hold up.
I looked at St. Croix and tried to deal with the people there but fortunately, every time we talked they had a different price. Plus, their davits relied on bolting to the stern, which is right where my head is in the MSR. I say fortunately because I found something better.
Attended the Annapolis Boat Show and saw some davits that would work for us. They come from Canada, a company called Atkins & Hoyle. The bases & uprights are cast. So a backing plate under the swim platform provides the support to the open teak platform.
We have a 43 sundeck and this is the best solution I was able to come up with.
If anyone wants more info, see a picture, drop me an email. We haul a 310 RIB Mercury with a 6HP 4 stroke engine also Mercury.
Calm seas,

Charles

Jane & Charles Williamson
m/v Nepidae
Albin 43 Sundeck
Nepidae.trawler@gmail.com
MTOA-3927
AGLCA - 12114 (ret)
Currently: On the Loop

Return to “36/37/40/43”