• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

43 trunk cabin 1987 new owner

brassbrendan
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: key west, florida

43 trunk cabin 1987 new owner

Post by brassbrendan »

Going to Key West to begin work on salvage Albin 43. One of first items involves removal of rudders for straightening. I previously owned a sundeck 43 of different make, which had rudder post access aft of stern cabin (Once I learned to keep away from yard mechanics, I had little trouble repacking sundeck 43 glands).

I have not been on boat, but gather access to trunk cabin posts is tight and am wondering what wrenches to bring, namely what length.

Can someone please relate experience on same? Help in matter greatly appreciated.

Brendan
jleonard
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Mystic, CT

Re: 43 trunk cabin 1987 new owner

Post by jleonard »

I have a 40 trunk cabin and there is plenty of room to work back there.
Formerly
1983 40 Albin trunk cabin
Attitude Adjustment
Mystic, CT
Mark Deeser
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Port of Call Yatch Club

Re: 43 trunk cabin 1987 new owner

Post by Mark Deeser »

Welcome to the form, sounds like you are about to launch into a real project. I’ll tell ya if I was 30 years younger I’d still have to think about redoing a 43 footer in July in Florida. Wife and I redid a 27 FC over three years, about beat the crap out of me. Really happy with the finished product, hope yours brings you as much joy.

Return to “36/37/40/43”