• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Flybridge seating on 36

jashmen
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: bayville, nj

Flybridge seating on 36

Post by jashmen »

We just bought a 78 36. The flybridge is bare except for two helm chairs. We are wanting to add seating and are looking for ideas. The mast is up.
rebuckley
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Westerly, RI (WYC)

Re: Flybridge seating on 36

Post by rebuckley »

I have always though about benches - like two u shaped ones facing each other - or possibly a u on one side and an L by the ladder - with smaller tables mounted in the middle. Then cover the entire bridge with a full bimini.
Reb Buckley
36' 1983 Classic (Au Naturel)
15' Guardian Whaler
Westerly, RI (WYC)
jleonard
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Mystic, CT

Post by jleonard »

rebuckley wrote: Fri Nov 30, 2018 2:40 pm I have always though about benches - like two u shaped ones facing each other - or possibly a u on one side and an L by the ladder - with smaller tables mounted in the middle. Then cover the entire bridge with a full bimini.
That sounds similar to what I built on my "ex" boat (old 34 Mainship) when I re did the flybridge. Plywood with a 2x4 frame, covered in white vinyl. Seat tops were plywood with foam covered with sunbrella. (no room for a table though).
That arrangement worked out very well.
Good luck with your project
Formerly
1983 40 Albin trunk cabin
Attitude Adjustment
Mystic, CT
davb1947
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: St. Joseph, MI

Post by davb1947 »

We like movable “lawn chairs.” Lots of flexibility, comfortable, attractive, easily changed when you grow tired of them. During rough weather, tie them to the rail.
Dave
Albin 36
Molly

Return to “36/37/40/43”