• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Fuel consumption

cih43
Mate
Mate
Home Port: bodkin yatch club (bodkin creek pasadena Md

Re: Fuel consumption

Post by cih43 »

ON MY 43 WITH TWIN TMD40 VOVOS I cruse often with a buddy with a 36 with 1 ford leman a few weeks ago we did a 60 mile trip each way my 2 turbo vovo used so little fuel difference than his one ford leman it was hard to determine h0w much more fuel I used ,I came back in about 1 1/2 hr less I run about 2 knots faster then his 36 running at 2000 rpms the vovo is rated at 120 each but get there power from the tubo witch make them much more efishent then the nat aspirated ford witch is a much heaver and larger engine I gess at 2000 rpms I burn 3 1/2 to 4 gal a hr so I doing about 2 1/2 mile per gal so the little difference in fuel I would not wount a single engine not to say how much easer it is t dock with twins
psalbin43
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Fall River, MA

Post by psalbin43 »

Hi, we have a 1985 Albin 43 Sundeck with twin 120 Lehman's. Love them! cusised to Block Island 10 hours round trip at about 10mph at 2000/2200 rpm's and used 62 Gallons total.
tbnolin
First Mate
First Mate
Home Port: Stuart,FL

Post by tbnolin »

For what it's worth.... close to 1500 +- miles from Lake Champlain to Stuart FL., doing 10 knots average, running the outside from NYC to Norfolk,VA, hopping onto the ICW doing rivers, tidewater, currents with tidewaters, sounds....twin 370 Cummins.....10 gph. We were able to calculate that average as we top off the tanks each day. And I'd do it again! If anybody has pondered the thought to run the ICW...do it while you can :)
It's all about relaxation :)

Former owner of a 2006 40' NSC
CHB
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: East Greenwich, RI

Post by CHB »

CHB wrote:I am in the process of purchasing a 1989 36 with twin Cummins 210 hp engines. Anyone have cruising speed-fuel consumption information? Is 14 knots top end reasonable? What is the fuel consumption at WOT?

Note: We've had the boat for 2 seasons now and traveled ~ 900 nm. At 7.5-8 knots she consumes 5-6 gph.

We have been able to attain 11 knots at full throttle a handful of times. Plows a lot of water as you might expect! Fuel consumption under those conditions, according to Cummins is ~22 gph (11+11).
jleonard
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Mystic, CT

Post by jleonard »

CHB wrote:
CHB wrote:I am in the process of purchasing a 1989 36 with twin Cummins 210 hp engines. Anyone have cruising speed-fuel consumption information? Is 14 knots top end reasonable? What is the fuel consumption at WOT?

We have been able to attain 11 knots at full throttle a handful of times. Plows a lot of water as you might expect! Fuel consumption under those conditions, according to Cummins is ~22 gph (11+11).

Why care about fuel consumption at WOT? You won't be there enough to worry about it.
Consumption at cruise rpm is what's important.
Formerly
1983 40 Albin trunk cabin
Attitude Adjustment
Mystic, CT

Return to “36/37/40/43”