• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Survey

kjg1951
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Oriental NC

Survey

Post by kjg1951 »

Mary and I have a contract on a 1983 36ft Albin,, we go to survey on June 19. we sold our 28TE couple weeks ago and have moved up to the 36. The boat has been kept up very well and a lot of new parts have been installed. I cant see at this point there will be any problems wiht the survey, Is there anything I should tell the surveyor to pay special attention to? Thanks
jleonard
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Mystic, CT

Re: Survey

Post by jleonard »

Water intrusion 1) below/around the windows and 2) into the teak decking. Check condition of the caulked deck seams. Look for missing plugs in the deck that hide the screws. Missing plug = leak.
Formerly
1983 40 Albin trunk cabin
Attitude Adjustment
Mystic, CT
marko
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: New Bern, NC

Post by marko »

Hi Kevin:
A separate engine survey by a mechanic would be good, if not already done. Are you bringing it back up to New Bern?
Marko
kjg1951
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Oriental NC

Post by kjg1951 »

yes I will be bringing it back up to new bern.... the teak decks have been covered with Durabak, which has been on for many years.... I would say at least 6-7 years

Return to “36/37/40/43”