• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Mounting the Grill

rebuckley
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Westerly, RI (WYC)

Mounting the Grill

Post by rebuckley »

I wanted to drop this question here, as we all have similar set ups for our stanchion and rails. I have a Magma Grill that we typically pull out only when cooking and then stow away after it cools. I have been looking around for soem kind of mount to hook up but the wide teak rails will not fit the typical mounts that Magam has. One option I have been pondering is simply attaching a rod holder to my stanchion and then use the Magma rod mount. I did not want to screw anything directly into the wood, and I woudl like to avoid any major fabrication.
Just curios if any one has a grill mount (magma or other) they have used on the older models?
Reb Buckley
36' 1983 Classic (Au Naturel)
15' Guardian Whaler
Westerly, RI (WYC)
jleonard
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Mystic, CT

Re: Mounting the Grill

Post by jleonard »

I have a magma and I use the standard 1 inch rail mount. I can slide the mount up the stainless to just under the teak cross rail. The grill will stay clear of the teak. You can see in the picture.
Just MAKE SURE you put something under the grill to protect the teak decking (don't ask how I learned this). I use a fiberglass cafeteria tray.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
Formerly
1983 40 Albin trunk cabin
Attitude Adjustment
Mystic, CT
rebuckley
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Westerly, RI (WYC)

Re: Mounting the Grill

Post by rebuckley »

Thanks!
Reb Buckley