• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Need help value on 1986 Albin 36

Arasmus 2
Swabby
Swabby
Home Port: Rogers City, MI

Need help value on 1986 Albin 36

Post by Arasmus 2 »

Hi all,

I hope this is ok to post here. I have been reading this board on and off for the past year as I was going to be the one to take care of my grandfather's boat, but with a new child that will not happen. Everyone on here seems so helpful so I hope one of you might be able to help me. Quick background, my late grandfather has owned a classic 1986 Albin 36 for the past 20 years. I and many of my cousins grew up taking long cruises on this boat and have many attachments to it. What I am hoping for is some insight into the value of the trawler. I do not have pictures at this time, but I can tell you some things that need to be fixed for reference.

The windows in the aft cabin leak a little after being repaired once and there is some teak paneling damage above the desk. The teak on the outside needs to be refinished as well as it is a patchy and exposed. The aft head also needs to be fixed as it does not flush properly. The radio on the flybridge needs to be replaced as well as a new bimini, since it was ripped in a storm last year. The windlass has a wiring issue and the fiberglass hull is due to be repainted once on dry dock this year.

I know there are quite a few things on this list that need to be done, but overall it is still in fairly good working order. It has the single Lehman engine with a stern thruster installed as well as a generator, autopilot, weather radar, and dinghy with outboard. It has always been stored in fresh water, but has completed the circle twice.

Would anyone be able to advise on a true value in the Midwest or where someone would like to buy? We have been offered $15k, but think that might be too low and after my grandfather passed are a little lost on value. Thanks for any help!
Panhdjoe
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Osprey Marina, Myrtle Beach SC

Re: Need help value on 1986 Albin 36

Post by Panhdjoe »

15K is way low unless its really rough. The value depends on condtion mainly of corse. There is a Website for BUC values that is used by lenders and brokers I nwould start there.
1983 36 classic
1995 192 Grady White w/ 150 Yamaha
2003 Boss 8'6" Dingy w/6 hp Suzuki
jcollins
In Memorium
Home Port: Baltimore

Post by jcollins »

<moved to classic forum>
Sea Crawler
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Trident Yacht Club, Gananoque, Ontario, Canada

Post by Sea Crawler »

You might want to also consider this site for comparison.
http://www.yachtworld.com/boats/category/type/Albin/36+Trawler
Robert Plante
1980 Albin 36 DC; FL120
Arasmus 2
Swabby
Swabby
Home Port: Rogers City, MI

Post by Arasmus 2 »

Thanks for the suggestions. These will help us greatly on determining a price, now, anyone interested? :-)

Return to “36/37/40/43”