• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Forward bilge pump

kjg1951
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Oriental NC

Forward bilge pump

Post by kjg1951 »

I have a 1983 36 ft albin.... the forward bildge under the forward salon has water in the blidge. there always seems to be water in there. I'm thinking because of the forward tilt of the boat it will not drain ... can a bildge pump be installed in that area and where would one pump it over board ,, thank you
kevin g
Tree
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Portsmouth, UK

Re: Forward bilge pump

Post by Tree »

Kevin. It's the same issue with the 28. I've fitted a bilge pump that pumps into the shower sump.
Fisher Price 2
Hull Number AUL28489L900
Yanmar 6LP-STE
Built in Portsmouth RI, USA - Berthed in Portsmouth Hampshire, United Kingdom.
mike66
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Warwick, RI

Post by mike66 »

Our 40 does the same, although less as the beer supply stored there diminishes on long trip. It would be easy enough to put a through hull above the water line up through the storage locker or anchor locker, and run some wires back to the engine room. Make sure there is a high loop in the hose and use good quality hose as you're up near the bow and the through hull may be underwater at times.
Mike and Sue Phillips
Warwick, RI
SUSAN HELENA 1985 40' Trawler
Chester B

Post by Chester B »

Our 36 has exactly the same problem and the solution was a pump that goes into the sump pump tank. You just have to remember to switch on both or make sure the auto switches are functioning properly.

Return to “36/37/40/43”