• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

sanitation system installatioin

stevieb
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: groton ct

sanitation system installatioin

Post by stevieb »

I am researching the complete installation of 2 marine heads. on my 43 Albin. I'm thinking about pressurized fresh water "Raritan Elegances" and one 50 Gallon "Plastic-Mart" holding tank to service both heads. Currently there is nothing in the boat as I removed the composting toilets and the holding tank(s) were removed by the previous owner.

Any/all comments and recommendations would be appreciated.
Matura
1981 43' Albin Trawler
Groton CT
jleonard
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Mystic, CT

Re: sanitation system installatioin

Post by jleonard »

I have been happy with my Raritan Sea Era and the pressurized system. The other head is a Jabsco that converted to domestic water.
And the "oem" 35 gal tank is more than enough capacity esp around LI Sound where pump outs are easy.
Bottom line your plan should work out fine
Formerly
1983 40 Albin trunk cabin
Attitude Adjustment
Mystic, CT
stevieb
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: groton ct

Post by stevieb »

Just curious. As my OEM tank was removed by the previous owner, was its location above or below the heads? If above, is there an issue getting the waste up and in the holding tank? I'm hoping for a clean setup with no waste remaining in the lines after a flush. This is my first exposure to marine sanitation installation/maintenance.
Matura
1981 43' Albin Trawler
Groton CT
jleonard
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Mystic, CT

Post by jleonard »

Mine is below the heads. Located under the galley floor. Short run from the forward head long run from the aft cabin head. Most of the run from the aft is pvc. We try to dump a gallon or so into each head prior to a pumpout. That seems to have helped the lines stay clear.
Formerly
1983 40 Albin trunk cabin
Attitude Adjustment
Mystic, CT

Return to “36/37/40/43”