• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Cummins 210 won't crank.

Fireant4040
Deckhand
Deckhand
Home Port: Biloxi, MS

Cummins 210 won't crank.

Post by Fireant4040 »

'86 Cummins. The motor cranked like normal and ran about 5 sec before it stalled. After that, wouldn't crank. It turns over no problem. I suspect I have air in the line or the fuel pump is out. But I'm very green. Any recommendations?
jleonard
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Mystic, CT

Re: Cummins 210 won't crank.

Post by jleonard »

Turning over = Cranking. So it turns over but does not start correct?
It could be air in the fuel lines. You should learn how to bleed the system, but that Cummins should be self bleeding.
If there is a bleed screw on top of the fuel filter housing, loosen that and turn the engine over to see if fuel /air comes out.
Next loosen one of the injector lines and see if fuel squirts out when you are turning over the engine.
Make sure your batteries are charged all the way...if the engine is turning over too slowly it won't start. The difference is subtle.

I am making the assumption that you or someone did not shut a fuel valve off someplace. You should double check that too.

PS also make sure the wore has not come off of the fuel solenoid on the injection pump. It will be a small gage wire. If the wire is on, check for voltage while you are turning over the engine. The solenoid must be powered and engage to allow fuel to enter the injection pump.
Formerly
1983 40 Albin trunk cabin
Attitude Adjustment
Mystic, CT

Return to “36/37/40/43”