• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Aft Head

kjg1951
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Oriental NC

Aft Head

Post by kjg1951 »

has anyone refitted the aft cabin toilet hose with PVC piping? if so how hard of a job is it and can it be done and how??? The PO had replaced part of the hose but the part that goes into the engine compartment was not replaced... if the PVC cant work then how hard of a job is it to replace the entire length of the aft toilet hose from the toilet to the holding tank??? thanks
Kevin G
jleonard
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Mystic, CT

Re: Aft Head

Post by jleonard »

I replaced the hose on my 40 with PVC. It was not a hard job. I left a short length of hose attached to both the head and the tank, pvc for the long run.
Formerly
1983 40 Albin trunk cabin
Attitude Adjustment
Mystic, CT
kjg1951
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Oriental NC

Post by kjg1951 »

what size PVC and hose did you use and the items to connect the PVC to the white hoses?? I think this is the way to go ...
Thanks for your help
jleonard
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by jleonard »

kjg1951 wrote:what size PVC and hose did you use and the items to connect the PVC to the white hoses?? I think this is the way to go ...
Thanks for your help
To be honest I do not remember. I would guess 1 1/2 PVC and whatever adapters fit. I usually just go to the local ACE hardware with a tape measure and find what I need that has the right diameter. Put it together without glue to make sure it's what I want, then glue it or clamp it as required.
Formerly
Attitude Adjustment
Mystic, CT
psalbin43
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Fall River, MA

Post by psalbin43 »

Hi, I have a 1985 43 Aft Sundeck and replaced the aft toilet plumbing with 2" PVC. wasn't too difficult but wasn't the easiest job either. My wife helped and we got it done over on weekend. I used 2" PVC for the straight fron aft above the toilet to just above the tank, pitching it from high at aft down to low at the tank. Once the pump gets it up to the pipe then gravity takes it all the way to the tank. Used 1-1/2" white hose aft to the pipe and 2" hose up front down to the tank. Works great now. Also no more bad smell.
Used (2) 5ft sections of pipe to get them into area under gunnel from aft to over tank,
used socket couplings to put pipe together and Barbed fittings at each end to fit to hose and hose clanps.
Nepidae
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Essington, PA

Post by Nepidae »

I posed the question to Steve D'Antonio, who gave specifics as to what pipe to use, which I don't remember, but I don't think due to being used for effluent, is a normal PVC pipe . If you check out his site you will probably find it or check a Passage Maker about a years or so ago, it was posted there as well.

Size I would guess would depend on how you wanted the flexible to attach to it (you'll still need a section of flexible in there). Basically the PVC is a pipe that takes the place of a full flexible hose run.

My flexible is still working so I haven't done the modification yet, but will when the time comes.

Good luck.
Calm seas,

Charles

Jane & Charles Williamson
m/v Nepidae
Albin 43 Sundeck
Nepidae.trawler@gmail.com
MTOA-3927
AGLCA - 12114 (ret)
Currently: On the Loop
jleonard
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by jleonard »

Pcv is used for poo poo in homes it should be fine on a boat. Mine has been working fine for 8 years.
Formerly
Attitude Adjustment
Mystic, CT

Return to “36/37/40/43”