• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Ford Lehman stop solenoid

Parrot Adventure
First Mate
First Mate
Home Port: Southwest Florida

Ford Lehman stop solenoid

Post by Parrot Adventure »

Hi all, I just recently replaced our Ford Lehman 120 stop solenoid. The original electrical ""box" type solenoid with the lever failed sometime last year, and I had been just opening the salon floor to manually trip the mechanical fuel shutoff lever which is on the fuel injection pump. The replacement was quite easy, and I was able to use the existing mounting bracket the old solenoid was bolted to. I did have to drill two new 1/4" holes in the bracket and lengthen the 12 V power wire. Once installed, connecting the linkage from the solenoid to the fuel injection pump shutoff lever with a 10-32 bolt was somewhat tedious, though intuitive. I found it easiest to install the solenoid, mark the location of the closed solenoid arm on the engine with a marker, similarly mark the location of the fuel lever in the closed location, and then link the two together with the 10-32 bolt. I've repeatedly tested the new stop solenoid dockside, and it works great. No more opening the salon floor to shut down the engine! The last step of the process will be priming and painting the bracket and metal parts of the solenoid in Rust-O-Leum "Regal Red." A photo of the new solenoid is below. Thanks, Mark
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
psneeld
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Avalon, NJ

Re: Ford Lehman stop solenoid

Post by psneeld »

If mine goes...might just install a manual one...but good to know what you did.
Scott Neeld
Albin 40 Trawler
jleonard
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Mystic, CT

Post by jleonard »

That solenoid change is a "standard" upgrade available from ADC in kit form. Mine was changed by the previous owner.
The ADC kit uses a bend rod rather than the "coupled" rods you have in your picture. Or at least that's how mine was done.
You can see it in this picture.
IMG_5083.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
Formerly
1983 40 Albin trunk cabin
Attitude Adjustment
Mystic, CT
Great White
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Lantana, Fl

Post by Great White »

jleonard wrote:That solenoid change is a "standard" upgrade available from ADC in kit form. Mine was changed by the previous owner.
The ADC kit uses a bend rod rather than the "coupled" rods you have in your picture. Or at least that's how mine was done.
IMG_5083.JPG
J,

Just curious, I see what appears to be a pto pump on your photo. What does that power? Stabilizers, thruster?.
jleonard
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Mystic, CT

Post by jleonard »

Great White wrote:
jleonard wrote:That solenoid change is a "standard" upgrade available from ADC in kit form. Mine was changed by the previous owner.
IMG_5083.JPG
J,

Just curious, I see what appears to be a pto pump on your photo. What does that power? Stabilizers, thruster?.
It powers a Dickson stern thruster. Basically a small hydraulic motor hanging off the transom by an L bracket.
Formerly
1983 40 Albin trunk cabin
Attitude Adjustment
Mystic, CT

Return to “36/37/40/43”