• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Spreader Lights

Parrot Adventure
First Mate
First Mate
Home Port: Southwest Florida

Spreader Lights

Post by Parrot Adventure »

This afternoon's dockside project was installing a single, four LED spreader light on our 1981 36 trawler. I tapped into the overhead salon light located immediately aft of the port side door, and snaked the new cable out the side of the house, under the flybridge overhang, thence tie wrapped up the thin power cable up the mast. I used a simple toggle switch for the on/off switch and mounted it in the overhead in the salon. My favorite and only brother in law made me this very cool placard and mahogany backing plate, so I had to install it. A couple photos are attached. I look forward to anchoring out next weekend off Three Rooker Bar or Anclote Key or even just Clearwater Beach -- no more grilling burgers with a headlamp or fishing off the fantail with the kids in the dark while at anchor! Thanks, Mark
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
rebuckley
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Westerly, RI (WYC)

Re: Spreader Lights

Post by rebuckley »

Very Cool - this is a project I have set for this spring (once this snow quits!!). Can you post a couple close ups for how you attached to the mast?
Thanks - Reb
Reb Buckley
36' 1983 Classic (Au Naturel)
15' Guardian Whaler
Westerly, RI (WYC)
kjg1951
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Oriental NC

Re: Spreader Lights

Post by kjg1951 »

where did you get the spreader lights model number?? thanks ... great idea