• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Vent removal

kjg1951
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Oriental NC

Vent removal

Post by kjg1951 »

I have a 1983 36 albin .. How do you remove the teak vent from the port side of the boat
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
crowra
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Full time cruiser

Re: Vent removal

Post by crowra »

If it doesn't attach from the other (back) side, probably need to drill out any bungs around the perimeter to find screw heads. I can't imagine it's "glued" on but ya never know.
Ka'Why Knot
Rob & Sharon Crow
1987 36' Double Cabin
jleonard
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Mystic, CT

Post by jleonard »

If you sand it lightly by hand the bungs will show up if there are any. You'll have to drill them out then unscrew as mentioned.
If you don't see any bungs, then maybe it is glued. You can use a thin putty knife to go in from the side and cut the sealant.
Formerly
1983 40 Albin trunk cabin
Attitude Adjustment
Mystic, CT
Chester B

Post by Chester B »

I'm assuming that is the vent for the fridge. You may have to pull the fridge out and see if it is screwed from the back.

Return to “36/37/40/43”