• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Brass railing "gates"

rebuckley
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Westerly, RI (WYC)

Brass railing "gates"

Post by rebuckley »

I did see an older thread with a suggestion for looking on eBay, or Marine Consignment. But with the newer members - I figured I woudl pose this again. Has anyone found a location to get replacements for the gate hardware on the handrails? The locking pin on one of my gates has failed, and I was wondering if we are able to buy new ones? I will be removing it and see if it can be repaired, but was not sure if there were other options?
Reb Buckley
36' 1983 Classic (Au Naturel)
15' Guardian Whaler
Westerly, RI (WYC)
tego
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Tellico Marina- Little Tennessee River near Vonore, TN

Re: Brass railing "gates"

Post by tego »

Reb, I found several of the bronze gate caps at the Annapolis boat show at the "flea market" across the river from the show proper. I used them on my sons boat a couple of years ago. There are several sizes so make sure to post the measurements on here to see if anyone has a spare. Ben
jleonard
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Mystic, CT

Re: Brass railing "gates"

Post by jleonard »

There is a casting foundry in mystic that can probably make new ones using yours as a pattern.
Formerly
1983 40 Albin trunk cabin
Attitude Adjustment
Mystic, CT

Return to “36/37/40/43”