• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

New Albin owner

Ssousa
Deckhand
Deckhand
Home Port: Hampton, va

New Albin owner

Post by Ssousa »

Well, my wife and I pulled the trigger on a 37 Palm Beach. It has a lot of cosmetic work that needs to be done but the hull and mechanical is in great shape. We own a 39 Sea Ray express now which is for sale now. The Albin will be our retirement boat.
Does anyone have fuel burn rates on this boat?
mike66
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Warwick, RI

Re: New Albin owner

Post by mike66 »

Which engine(s) do you have? I haven't calculated mine, cause it burns so little I just put 150gal in at the beginning of the season and that does it. Maybe 2-3 gal per hour, with generator running 2 hours a day on the hook. Single Lehman 135, 40feet, 7 knots, 1800 rpm cruise.
Mike and Sue Phillips
Warwick, RI
SUSAN HELENA 1985 40' Trawler
Ssousa
Deckhand
Deckhand
Home Port: Hampton, va

Post by Ssousa »

It has twin 165hp volvos. I figured at 8kts it would be about 4 GPH. I have a friend with a 43' and that's about what he burns
mike66
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Warwick, RI

Post by mike66 »

Best of luck with your new boat! We use and enjoy ours alot. Now, if we only had stabilizers.....
Mike and Sue Phillips
Warwick, RI
SUSAN HELENA 1985 40' Trawler

Return to “36/37/40/43”