• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

American Diesel oil lines and injectors

Captn_Dwt
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Pleasant Cove, Boothbay, ME

American Diesel oil lines and injectors

Post by Captn_Dwt »

Hi Folks,
Just sharing some experiences and discoveries.
My oil lines from the block to the filter and the oil cooler were leaking. I needed to replace them, so I accepted American Diesel's 1/2" oil line kit.
Well, my 1980 36 has a 2715E engine, and the oil filter is mounted to the right rear engine mounting bracket (off the flywheel housing). Their lines are not long enough to allow for the filter to be mounted in the OEM location, and I did not want to re-located the filter.
American Diesel accepted the lines back for a full refund without restocking charge.

While I had them on the line, I asked about injectors. They currently have rebuilt injectors available: $120 ea, and $150 ea core deposit.
This is the only source I could find for injectors. Happy to say I don't need them (yet).

It's haul out and store it time...Oh how I wish it was not so. We've been way to dry here in coastal Maine; but the weather has been delightful, and we cruised for 7 weeks!!

Bye for now,
Dwight
jleonard
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Mystic, CT

Re: American Diesel oil lines and injectors

Post by jleonard »

You can go to an auto parts store that makes hydraulic hoses for snow plows, and have the oil cooler lines made to your specs. They will be as good or better than oem.
Same for the tranny cooler lines.
OR you can order hydraulic hose from McMaster Carr online.
Formerly
1983 40 Albin trunk cabin
Attitude Adjustment
Mystic, CT
psneeld
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Avalon, NJ

Post by psneeld »

Bomac has injectors for cheaper...but I did go with the American Diesel ones....hae run the engine but not cruised it yet...let you know in a month... :D
Scott Neeld
Albin 40 Trawler
Tree
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Portsmouth, UK

Post by Tree »

Just for reference (and may be useful while the dollar is strong against the pound). Speak to Mike Bellamy at Lancing Marine here in the U.K. He knows those engines inside out and will have injectors on the shelf. I had s chat with him a while back about the Lehman engine as here it is is called a Dover or a Dorset depending on power. He bought up all of the last Peugeot based engines many years ago but can also get all the parts for the Ford based Lehman engines. It's a basic engine and with a long life, still favoured by many over this side.
Fisher Price 2
Hull Number AUL28489L900
Yanmar 6LP-STE
Built in Portsmouth RI, USA - Berthed in Portsmouth Hampshire, United Kingdom.

Return to “36/37/40/43”