• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Rudder Question 36 Albin

Great White
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Lantana, Fl

Rudder Question 36 Albin

Post by Great White »

Hello All,

I am making plans for some stern tube repairs early next year which will involve removing my prop shaft. For those who have removed a shaft here is my question. Will the hole in the rudder allow the shaft to pass through with a full wheel turn or do I have to release something to allow the rudder to turn Further? And if so What? If you have read my stern tube topic I am still leaning towards relining the tube with a fabric and epoxy and I will photo and report back how that works.

As always thank you in advance,
Ken
Panhdjoe
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Osprey Marina, Myrtle Beach SC

Re: Rudder Question 36 Albin

Post by Panhdjoe »

In answer to your question, yes one must disconnect the tiller arm from the Hyd. steering cable then turn the rudder sideways. After removing the Prop and disconnecting the coupling the shaft can be removed. Good luck, I will be looking forward to hearing how the repair works out. Joe
1983 36 classic
1995 192 Grady White w/ 150 Yamaha
2003 Boss 8'6" Dingy w/6 hp Suzuki
Great White
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Lantana, Fl

Re: Rudder Question 36 Albin

Post by Great White »

Thank you for the reply. I will update the progress as it goestrogen.
Ken

Return to “36/37/40/43”