• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

36 Albin Dockpower Issue

pk2684
Mate
Mate
Home Port: NORTHPORT

36 Albin Dockpower Issue

Post by pk2684 »

Really weird situation, everything was working last time I went down to the boat and yesterday I went down to the boat and the boat was dead no power but the port outlets were working so I ran an extension cord from the port outlet to the battery charger to get them charged so the bilges ect would work. I know each boat is most likely wired diffently but wanted to see if anybody has run into this issue.. I have tried switching the chords ect I'm sure it's not a bad cord. Please help! Thank you All
jleonard
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Mystic, CT

Re: 36 Albin Dockpower Issue

Post by jleonard »

There is a schematic for that boat in the document folder. Perhaps that will help you troubleshoot.
Formerly
1983 40 Albin trunk cabin
Attitude Adjustment
Mystic, CT
rebuckley
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Westerly, RI (WYC)

Post by rebuckley »

First thing would be a little more information on how your shore power set up is....this could be original or changed by you (or PO). It sounds like it is not original as you mention switching the power cords, so you must have 2 hook ups? My knee jerk with any electrical issue is to look for a fuse first - since it sounds like your Stbd side not being powered, my guess is your Stbd side may have a fuse by the connection point that has kicked. My second guess on a boat is the GFI plugs - if you have any of those installed, check that they haven't kicked over - they will cut power to whatever line they are on (so anything down stream gets cut from power)
Reb Buckley
36' 1983 Classic (Au Naturel)
15' Guardian Whaler
Westerly, RI (WYC)
pk2684
Mate
Mate
Home Port: NORTHPORT

Post by pk2684 »

Was a bad GFI..Switched it out..Everything works..Appreciate the replies/Help.

Return to “36/37/40/43”