• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Attending? Let us know!

Block Island, Rhode Island - Read about it here!
tomcat rio

i'm pretty sure i can make it

Post by tomcat rio »

i got a commitment from two brothers, so i have a crew. my boat should be in the water by 7 may.
DougSea
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Safe Harbor - Essex Island Marina, Essex, CT

Re: i'm pretty sure i can make it

Post by DougSea »

tomcat rio wrote:i got a commitment from two brothers, so i have a crew. my boat should be in the water by 7 may.
Hey Tomcat, that's great. I've been meaning to pester you about coming, it's not too long a ride for you.
Doug
Sonny IV
2006 35TE Convertible, Volvo D6-370's
Former owner - Sonny III, 1997 28TE with "The BEAST"
tomcat rio

maybe 50 water miles

Post by tomcat rio »

15 kt cruise, 9 gph, 2900rpm. my sea tow membership is paid up. hope the weather is good.
do you happen to have a phone number to call to make mooring or slip reservations?
thanks!
ed flanagan
DougSea
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by DougSea »

You need to mail it in, they don't take reservations over the phone. Here's a link to the form:

http://albinowners.net/aog/viewtopic.php?t=677

Send it in with one night's deposit and you should be all set. Make sure you mention the Albin Rendezvous on the form.

Looking forward to seeing you there!
Doug
Sonny IV
Denis
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Denis »

Is there anyone with a 31'TE that will be attending the rendezvous?
If so is there a possibility we could look at your boat, my wife and I are considering moving up in size? Thanks
Former Owner of
1994 28'TE
"Red Stripe"
jcollins
In Memorium
Home Port: Baltimore

Post by jcollins »

Hey guys,

Can everyone who IS attending the NE rendezvous post here with your dates and let us know if you're staying at the Boat Basin or a hotel?
Unfortunatley I have a heavier than expected work schedule. Sharon and I will not attend. Someone send me your address. I'll send a burgee to give away as a door prize.
John
Former - 28 TE Convertible"Afterglow"
RicM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Saturday Only

Post by RicM »

Due to work & travel I plan to attend on Saturday but not overnight. I will be happy to take some folks fishing or point out a few spots that I like if others could use some local knowledge.
Ric Murray

Big Time, 42' 1993 Jersey Sportfish
Formerly owned Time After Time, 2003 28TE
Wickford RI
Denis
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Denis »

John, I just saw your post about not being able to attend. We were looking forward to meeting you and Sharon and I was looking forward to thanking you in person for this site. Sandy and I were anxious to meet you and give you a lift out to the island. I am sorry you will not be able to attend. :( Denis
Former Owner of
1994 28'TE
"Red Stripe"
gerygarcia
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by gerygarcia »

Hi all

It's coming to the one month countdown! I am very excited to meet all those that are attending.

Do we have a definitive list of all the attendees?

Resolution will be arriving around noonish June 8th (Friday).

I am planning on making a couple banners to help "advertise" the rendezvous at the Boat Basin.

Is there anything that I can do to help coordinate possible events?
Please let me know!

Gery Garcia
DougSea
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by DougSea »

Gery and gang,

I just went through the posts and come up with the following list:

Attendees, Boat, Days/Nights staying

Doug and Kathy Campbell, 28TE - Sonny III, Friday – Sunday

Jack K, 28TE - Dogonit, Friday – Sunday

Andrew Page, Unknown, Friday – Sunday

Ric Murray, 28TE - Phoenix, Saturday only

Terry and Karen Ober, 28TE - Maye Marie, Friday – Sunday

Dennis Soucy, 28TE – Red Stripe, Saturday – Sunday

J Leonard, 40 Trunk Cabin - Attitude Adjustment, Friday - ?, Anchor out (not confirmed)

Capt Dave39, 28TE - Hideaweigh, Friday – Sunday

Gery Garcia, 28TE - Resolution, Friday – Sunday

Ed Flanagan (Tomcat) & 2 brothers, 28TE - Sgt Barry, Friday – Sunday

If I'm counting right we have 6 boats staying both nights, and several others that are less clear or are just staying the day or Saturday night. Andrew - any word yet on whether or not you'll be in a boat? Borrow a nice 31 or 35TE and show them off!!

If folks can confirm that this is right that would be great. Also, if you’d like, you can PM me with cell phone numbers, your ‘real’ name, spouse or guest names, etc. and I’ll put together a list for everybody. If you include an e-mail address I’ll send you a copy. (Don’t want to put my cell number and such on a “public” forum)

Now let’s start pestering John to change his plans and come join us! (I’d do the same with Mariner but I don’t think he’s up for flying across the country!)

We don’t really have a formal planned set of events. I’m planning on renting a bike on Saturday and touring nearby Block Island. I’ve never done a rendezvous before but I’m sure there will be sharing of stories, food, (drinks!), better stories, and crawling over boats. Andrew is going to try and have some sort of “presentation” from Albin and beyond that I am more than open to suggestions.

I’m really looking forward to meeting all of you! Just one month to go and my boat gets splashed on Saturday!!!
8)
Doug
Sonny IV
RicM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Prestige Yachts

Post by RicM »

The broker that sold me my 28TE, Peter Thorsby from Prestige Yachts in Stamford said he would "see me there". He 's not a member of this group (as far as I know) but had posters about the rendezvous and mailed me an invitation. You may have some drop ins that don't post here. I'm anxious to see what the factory salt water washdown and baitwell arrangement looks like. My previous owner never fished and there is no pump or plumbing! My plan is to head out early Sat.AM (6ish) from Wickford, fish the SE & SW corners then go to the oar for lunch and socialization.
Ric Murray

Big Time, 42' 1993 Jersey Sportfish
Formerly owned Time After Time, 2003 28TE
Wickford RI
apage

re: Event

Post by apage »

Hi Guys:

It does not look like the numbers are going to be huge for the BI rendezvous. Whatever, I guarantee that we'll have fun. I have never not had fun on BI.

I have called about a Sat. lunch at the Oar or arranging a bbq dinner, but I can certainly look into it.

For those attending, should we try something like this.

Let me know and let's all try to get some more boats to attend.

Lemme know.

Thanks,

Andrew @ Albin
tomcat rio

my deposit has been mailed...nt

Post by tomcat rio »

b..
Denis
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Denis »

Doug, Sandy and I will be coming out on saturday morning and staying through sunday. The slip rental says there is a two night minimum so it looks like we will be getting a mooring or just dropping the hook which is fine with me. I would rather be at the dock with everyone else but we can't go for two nights. There are a couple of Albins at our marina and I will tell them about the trip. I am looking forward to meeting everyone and putting a face with a name and Andrew, Im looking forward to seeing you again. Ditto about the 31 TE, I would love to see one. Our next boat is not that far off. Denis
Former Owner of
1994 28'TE
"Red Stripe"
DougSea
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by DougSea »

Hey Denis,

I think it's a two night minimum for a reservation, you might try and see if they'll let you get away with a single night, I can't imagine things have heated up too much there in early June (I know my daughter's still in school). Besides we're driving a fair (not huge but fair) amount of business their way - they should be nice to us Albiners! 8)
Doug
Sonny IV

Return to “New England Albin Rendezvous 2007 - Great First Event”