• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Attending? Let us know!

Block Island, Rhode Island - Read about it here!
DougSea
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Safe Harbor - Essex Island Marina, Essex, CT

Attending? Let us know!

Post by DougSea »

Hey guys,

Can everyone who IS attending the NE rendezvous post here with your dates and let us know if you're staying at the Boat Basin or a hotel?

I figure once we get a little closer to the "big day" we'll exchange contact info and such via PM. I'd be happy to serve as a point of contact / information gatherer and I'm pretty sure Jack K would as well (speaking for you here Jack - let me know if that's ok! :D )

I've sent in my reservation request to the Boat Basin. My wife Kathy and I expect to arrive in the afternoon on Friday and we'll probably look to leave just after lunch on Sunday.

Really looking forward to seeing you there!
Doug
Sonny IV
2006 35TE Convertible, Volvo D6-370's
Former owner - Sonny III, 1997 28TE with "The BEAST"
JackK
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Portsmouth, Rhode Island

Post by JackK »

Hi Doug -

My plan is to arrive Friday and take off sometime in the afternoon on Sunday. I have no problem helping out.

Thanks,
Jack
In Memorium
Home Port: Baltimore

Post by jcollins »

Put me down for IS attending. We'll drive up and hitch a ride out to the island.
Denis - thanks for the offer! We'll coordinate as time grows near. I am hopeing to drive up Friday.
How far is it out to the island?

Thanks,
John
Former - 28 TE Convertible"Afterglow"
apage

re: Attending

Post by apage »

Hi all:

I am planning on attending. Depending on whether or not I come under my own power or take a ferry and shack up some place, I will be there in one form or another.

Andrew @ Albin
RicM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Might, might not

Post by RicM »

Although I stated earlier that I was positively attending I now have a conflict with business travel that will see me flying back from Springfield Missouri on that Friday. I will probably take a ride out on Saturday to meet all you good folks and maybe crash Sat night if space is available or head back to Wickford if not. I am extremely dissapointed, but being self employed I have to work when the work is there. The good part is that when there is no work I can go fishing whenever I want.

Ric
Ric Murray

Big Time, 42' 1993 Jersey Sportfish
Formerly owned Time After Time, 2003 28TE
Wickford RI
Maye Marie
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Mystic River Marina Mystic Ct. Slipped

Post by Maye Marie »

I will be attending. The plan is to take a run out Friday evening and leave Sunday afternoon. We will be staying at the basin. If I can be of help or someone needs a ride, port of departure is Mystic Marina in Mystic CT. Would be glad to assist.
Terry & Karen Ober
28 TE
Maye Marie
Mystic Ct.
Denis
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Denis »

Yes we will be coming out on saturday and staying overnight at the basin. I have not sent my reservation yet but I have printed it out and will send it in soon. John, we'll be in touch to meet for the ride out on saturday morning. I hope the weather is good for our trip, it takes about 1.5 hrs. Denis
Former Owner of
1994 28'TE
"Red Stripe"
DougSea
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by DougSea »

Just spoke to my wife and my confirmation card showed up yesterday.

Think I'm going to have to look through the other threads - we need a few more (not that we won't have a great time with those already coming - just going on the 'more the merrier' idea...)
Doug
Sonny IV
jleonard
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Mystic, CT

Post by jleonard »

We are still undecided. If we make the trip over from Mystic it will be friday morning and we will anchor out near dinghy beach.
I'll know for sure by mid May.
Is there any kind of activities itinerary set up?
Jay
Formerly
1983 40 Albin trunk cabin
Attitude Adjustment
Mystic, CT
Dave39
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Pilots Point North Yard Westbrook, CT

Post by Dave39 »

We sent in our check for Friday arrival and Sunday departure. Hope everyone has a good trip.
Dave Sieben (Dave39)
Hideaweigh
1998 31TE Cummins 450
203-640-6127
203-843-2578
DougSea
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by DougSea »

jleonard wrote:We are still undecided. If we make the trip over from Mystic it will be friday morning and we will anchor out near dinghy beach.
I'll know for sure by mid May.
Is there any kind of activities itinerary set up?
Jay
Hope we see you there. No itinerary yet but we'll have to give that some thought. I remain hopeful that we'll have some sort of 'official' Albin event, even if it's just a short one (Andrew - not a dig! Looking forward to seeing you again. It would be great if someone - maybe the famous Ed - could come out and give a short talk or make themselves available)

I do think we'll be testing some of those drink recipes! And I'm really looking forward to checking out the other Albin's for new ideas!
Doug
Sonny IV
gerygarcia
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by gerygarcia »

Hi all!

Got the confirmation card yesterday. Arriving Friday, departing Sunday.

Looking forward to this event!

Let me know if I can help in any way.

Gery Garcia
Resolution
Elizabeth Ann
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Elizabeth Ann »

Unfortunately I won't be able to make it. I look forward to the pictures though.
apage

re: Official event

Post by apage »

Hi All:

I agree that an official even would be great. Perhaps a lunch on Sat or something. Not sure about Ed, but I will certainly present and let everyone know what is going on at Albin and what the future holds.

I have not checked in with the people at Boat Basin, but they should be back from 5-weeks in Costa Rica (I wish I managed the Basin).

What else can we do to get people interested? Let me know.

Thanks for all the hard work and dedicated Albin enthusiasts.

Andrew @ Albin
RicM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Events

Post by RicM »

Over on another thread we have been discussing wiring and switching on the 2 or 3 bilge pumps. Forensic wiring is always a big issue on any boat. Will there be anyone with tech knowlege to address questions to? I know a GREAT party favor the factory could send along would be a complete DC wiring diagram for everyone! My old (1995) Proline came with one, I'm surprised not to find one in my Albin package.
Ric Murray

Big Time, 42' 1993 Jersey Sportfish
Formerly owned Time After Time, 2003 28TE
Wickford RI

Return to “New England Albin Rendezvous 2007 - Great First Event”