• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Radio constant 12v

GPS, Sonar, Radar, Fishfinder, etc. Discuss electronics installation and upgrades.
dmorgan
Mate
Mate
Home Port: Oceanside, N.Y.

Radio constant 12v

Post by dmorgan »

Hi, I hope someone can help. I was installing a new stereo and by accident grounded the (yellow) constant 12v wire. I assume it has a fuse but I have searched all over with no success. I would greatly appreciate any help.
Thanks
"Navy Diver" 2005 28TE Flush Deck
catalina_mike
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Dana Point

Re: Radio constant 12v

Post by catalina_mike »

Some have a inline fuse in the wire and some have a plug in in the back of the radio enclosure.
Silverton 2007 36C
Sold - Albin 1999 28TE
SSI Instructor 13937
SDI / TDI Instructor 18172
USCG 100 Ton near coastal
Russell
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Stuart, FL

Post by Russell »

I did the same thing and after a long search found the fuse holder in the wiring behind the bathroom mirror. It is one of those red plastic holders and you can see the filament in the fuse.
Russ
2005 Flush Deck
Honey Girl
Volvo D6-310
Stuart FL
dmorgan
Mate
Mate

Post by dmorgan »

I was in the bathroom looking behind the mirror and all the connections under the red caps were all hot. I will try again in the morning to trace the yellow wire with the purple stripe. I appreciate all the support and thank you guys.
dmorgan
Mate
Mate

Post by dmorgan »

Hi, just wanted to check back in with everyone and in case this issue should arise again with anyone else. The constant 12v power to the radio which is the yellow wire with the purple trace is connected to a red wire (glass fuse holder) and is terminated in the right hand corner behind the vanity mirror in the bathroom on a bus bar which is constant.
Thank you again guys.

Return to “Electronics”