• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Does Ultrasonic Antifouling Work?

GPS, Sonar, Radar, Fishfinder, etc. Discuss electronics installation and upgrades.
Old School
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: NY,NY

Does Ultrasonic Antifouling Work?

Post by Old School »

I'm new to the south and to say the least am intimidated by hull marine growth.
From what I'm told I have to have a diver clean my hull at least every two months.
I've seen ultrasonic systems that you use in addition to bottom paint that are supposed to work.
The cost on a 31 would be about $3000. $2k for the unit and glass work because of the cored hull.
It's $100 every time the diver goes down so the payback is there, not to speak of the lost fuel between cleanings.

Does anyone have experience with these systems?
Tree
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Portsmouth, UK

Re: Does Ultrasonic Antifouling Work?

Post by Tree »

I've heard of people using it here in U.K. Waters with great success. I have also seen first hand result with silicon anti foul which amazed me. The only issue with the silicon is many yards won't lift your boat here as boats have been known to slip out of the slings on the crane!
Fisher Price 2
Hull Number AUL28489L900
Yanmar 6LP-STE
Built in Portsmouth RI, USA - Berthed in Portsmouth Hampshire, United Kingdom.
ScubaPete
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Seaford, Virginia

Re: Does Ultrasonic Antifouling Work?

Post by ScubaPete »

Anyone have any updates or more information on this subject? Seems like a great idea, I just don't know if it actually works.

Return to “Electronics”