• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Navnet intermittent depth readings

GPS, Sonar, Radar, Fishfinder, etc. Discuss electronics installation and upgrades.
amber jj
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Turkey Point ont. canada

Navnet intermittent depth readings

Post by amber jj »

I am no getting proper depth readings on my navnet display. When moving at least 6 knots or more I will get a reading on the display,but when we slow down to go into a shallow anchorage it will quit. Of course just the time you need it most.
I have checked all cables for breaks or chaffing and cleaned all connections. I don't want to just start replacing parts as it could be the transducer,sounder box,,or maybe the display itself. It is strange that I only get readings when we get up to speed and that is also intermittent.This has been going on for 2 seasons now.
Has anyone else had a situation like this and how did you remedy it.
Next step a new complete system.
Thanks Bob
RobS
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Center Moriches, NY

Re: Navnet intermittent depth readings

Post by RobS »

Navnet - Sounds like Furuno. They have excellent tech support for all gear, new and old. Sounds worth a call. Here's two numbers if you need:
410-479-4420 east coat US
360-834-9300 west coast US
Rob S.
"TENACIOUS"
1974 Chris Craft 36' Commander Tournament
Cummins 6BTA 330B's

(Former Owner)
"TOY-RIFIC" 2000 28TE, 6LP, Hull 408

Luck is the residue of good design.
amber jj
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by amber jj »

Thanks Rob.I will give them a shout. Bob
amber jj
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by amber jj »

Rob I talked to Ron this morning at Furuno tech support.He gave me a few scenarios to try this weekend.Hopefully all works out well.Great people to talk to and they kept track of what we discussed so if plan "A"doesn't work we can go to plan "B"whatever that may be.
amber jj
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by amber jj »

Ron had given a few more scenarios to try with the programming of the sounder which did not work with any consistency.He did say it sounds like the transducer is at fault. Probably just have to wait for the Toronto boat show in January to try and find a bargain.Furuno's tech support is very good and they don't keep you on hold for a hour.

Return to “Electronics”