• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Electrical Schematics

GPS, Sonar, Radar, Fishfinder, etc. Discuss electronics installation and upgrades.
Hpmc3
Swabby
Swabby
Home Port: Key Largo FL

Electrical Schematics

Post by Hpmc3 »

Hello All
I recently purchased a 2005 Albin 35TE and am looking for electrical Schematics for it. Unfortunately the factory manuals didn't come with the boat.
I want to add a battery for my bow thruster as recomended by the manufacturer. Whats happening is when using he thruster my electronics drop out. I think adding a new power source will solve the issue.
Has anyone else had this problem?
I've removed the Vetus motor and had it rebuilt so I know the problem is not there.
catalina_mike
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Dana Point

Re: Electrical Schematics

Post by catalina_mike »

Mine did the same thing and I just now, after starting, leave the battery switch in both and it minimizes the issue. The problem for me was space and type of battery. Where the thruster is a maint free AGM was what I would use to prevent battery gas in the forward bilge. In some of our govt work we have to install hydrogen gas detectors in battery rooms so we can keep the levels low to prevent explosions. Up under my dinette I really do not have proper ventilation to put most batteries up there much less the space. You could add one by the other batteries and do a isolation with a charger but that would be custom and the factory diagram won't help much. The main wire for the thruster leaves the battery switch and goes forward. This is where you would put the new battery feed.
Silverton 2007 36C
Sold - Albin 1999 28TE
SSI Instructor 13937
SDI / TDI Instructor 18172
USCG 100 Ton near coastal
RobS
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Center Moriches, NY

Post by RobS »

a DC power conditioner like the Newmar Nav Pac would solve your issue
Rob S.
"TENACIOUS"
1974 Chris Craft 36' Commander Tournament
Cummins 6BTA 330B's

(Former Owner)
"TOY-RIFIC" 2000 28TE, 6LP, Hull 408

Luck is the residue of good design.
jointventure
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Montauk , Long Island, NY

Post by jointventure »

I had the same problem and solved it by rewiring the thruster to the engine battery.
When using the thruster the engine /alternator is running and providing the amps.
The house battery alone can't provide the volts ,usually over 9.5 while the thruster is
drawing the high current.
John
Joint Venture
31TE 2000
JBrooks
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Cedar Creek Marina, Old Hickory Lake, Mt. Juliet, TN

Post by JBrooks »

This is my next project to solve. Temporary fix is I turn off my electronics when I use my thruster since I'm usually docking when I use it. Really don't need to use it 90% of the time. At night the issue is it dims my running lights as I dock.
JB
Floridays
2004 Albin 30FC
Perkins M265TI

Return to “Electronics”