• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Standard Horizon Matrix GX2200

GPS, Sonar, Radar, Fishfinder, etc. Discuss electronics installation and upgrades.
cdaroca
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: New Orleans

Standard Horizon Matrix GX2200

Post by cdaroca »

Radio does not seem to be receiving or transmitting. All channels constantly show BUSY. Will receive weather channel. Volume & Squelch controls are operational. Tested using a handheld vhf and requesting radio check.
Could this be an antenna issue?
Panhdjoe
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Osprey Marina, Myrtle Beach SC

Re: Standard Horizon Matrix GX2200

Post by Panhdjoe »

The Radio receiving the weather channel indicates that the antenna is at least working OK. All the channels showing busy also indicates a problem with the Radio. The only thing you can check is making sure the radio has good battery voltage and ground. I would also have a volt meter hooked up to the power source when pressing the button to transmit. It should hold at least about 12.1V when attempting to transmit and close to full battery voltage turned on. Probably time for a new radio.
1983 36 classic
1995 192 Grady White w/ 150 Yamaha
2003 Boss 8'6" Dingy w/6 hp Suzuki
cdaroca
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: New Orleans

Re: Standard Horizon Matrix GX2200

Post by cdaroca »

Thanks. I will check the voltage today.

Return to “Electronics”