• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Spot light comes on spontaneously

GPS, Sonar, Radar, Fishfinder, etc. Discuss electronics installation and upgrades.
mjohnh
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Saugatuck, Mi

Spot light comes on spontaneously

Post by mjohnh »

My spot light on top of my 28TE comes on spontaneously. I can turn it off with the remote control.......I had thought that the remote was defective and was responsible. I took out the batteries. I got a call from a neighbor saying that the light was on again. So the remote is not the culprit. I am 4.5 hours from the boat so it is not easy to just drive and take out the bulb. Any suggestions as to why the light comes on? There must be a short someplace, but have no clue. Appreciate suggestions.
mjohnh
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Saugatuck, Mi

Re: Spot light comes on spontaneously

Post by mjohnh »

Mine is a "Go-Light" The problem is solved by programming "dip switches" in the remote. The instructions are found on the Go-Light web page under "troubleshooting"......

Return to “Electronics”