• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Autopilot TR-1 Gladiator

GPS, Sonar, Radar, Fishfinder, etc. Discuss electronics installation and upgrades.
TD
First Mate
First Mate

Autopilot TR-1 Gladiator

Post by TD »

I thought I would pass on some info on a new autopilot I had installed last week on my Albin TE35 with twin Cummins. After researching which were best I decided the TR-1 was the only one which which do all of the things I needed, especially trolling or going at lower speeds. It has been on the market for about 7 years so has been proven pretty well.
After doing a test run I was really impressed. It is very simple to turn on and run. On testing the trolling feature we were going along at idle then increased throtle on one engine and even put one in reverse and the boat kept going straight. I was really impressed. I may have found a way to troll at lower speeds if needed.
I can now do a lot more fishing and when I make my 20 to 50 mile ocean runs it will be more relaxing. I would highly recomment it.
HANG'M HIGH
2000 35TE Cummins Twin 370HP
Seattle
jcollins
In Memorium
Home Port: Baltimore

Post by jcollins »

Hi TD,
What price range are we in?
John
Former - 28 TE Convertible"Afterglow"
TD
First Mate
First Mate

Post by TD »

It is right at $4000. Cost of install I am sure will vary. The unit retails at $3850, but you can do better. I helped the guy who installed mine and he said it was especially easy on the TE35. He [Robert Archer] was one of the original three guys who developed the product and now he does all the boat shows with Garmin who bought the product and its rights. If you want I can get you in touch with him. He is going to the Fl boat show next week. Don't know if there is one coming in the NE.
HANG'M HIGH
Seattle
jcollins
In Memorium
Home Port: Baltimore

Post by jcollins »

TD,
I won't be doing anything until next year. This year is paint.
But, please post his information. I'll be able to search for it.

Thanks,
John
Former - 28 TE Convertible"Afterglow"
TD
First Mate
First Mate

TR-1 Gladiator Contact

Post by TD »

The guy to contact is Robert Archer. He is one of the original three guys who developed the autopilot. His phone number is: 541-270-5663 and lives in Waldport, OR. He travels to most of the boat shows as a consultant for Garmin and he can get you in touch with the right person if he is not in your area. He agreed to let me post his name and phone number.
I will give an updated report on perfomance of my TR-1 after this summer fishing and cruising.
HANG'M HIGH
Seattle

Return to “Electronics”