• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Mapping software

GPS, Sonar, Radar, Fishfinder, etc. Discuss electronics installation and upgrades.
Vic T
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: South Portland Maine

Nav Software

Post by Vic T »

I have just purchased an 1987 Albin 36 trawler with a Raymarine C80 unit. It has two chips covering south of NYC to gulf. Unfortunately I will need Boston to Maine waters. I have found that navionics discontinued their single chips and replaced with a single east coast chip..more coverage that I don't need and costs more. Looking for alternatives and suggestions to go try to find navionics NE area chip or go with new chip? Thanks.
Russell
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Stuart, FL

Post by Russell »

If you need the Navionics Classic you might try: http://www.landfallnavigation.com/navionics.html
Also keep an eye on eBay and any fishing web sites that you use. Used chips show up from time to time for very good prices.
Russ
2005 Flush Deck
Honey Girl
Volvo D6-310
Stuart FL
Vic T
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: South Portland Maine

Post by Vic T »

Russ,

Thanks for the link. I have also found out that navionics is giving a rebate on "old" chips so the overall price for a new one is not quite so bad.

Vic
Mariner
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Mariner »

I understand that cost is an issue. But you're better off to go with the newer chip anyway. Aids to navigation are always changing, and it's worth something to have the most up-to-date information in your plotter.

Return to “Electronics”