• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

LCD TV in 28TE

GPS, Sonar, Radar, Fishfinder, etc. Discuss electronics installation and upgrades.
scarbo

LCD TV in 28TE

Post by scarbo »

My 2005 28TE had a 13" CRT TV/DVD player unit in the foreward center cabinet in the front of the cabin. It was a small screen, a lousy place to watch, and took up alot of cabinet space. I pulled it out and put a small DVD player on the bottom, under the shelf the TV sat on. I put a 23" LCD on an almost flush telescoping mount above the quarter berth, below the AC/DC fuse panel. Fits perfectly. Much better place to watch...sprawl out on the V-berth cushions with popcorn...and a big improvement in picture size/quality. Requires a little more care climbing in and out of the quarter berth, but well worth it.
Pitou
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Gloucester, MA

Post by Pitou »

Scarbo ..... IMHO after 4 seasons with the 13" CRT in the bow I've been thinking of the same location you mounted your flat panel. Well the CRT has bit the dust and it's gone to the transfer station. ..... I was really hoping to be able to procrastinate :roll: on this one for another season .... It would have made a better winter project. Keep your posts coming !
kevinS
>><<>>;>

Former Boats:

- 2006 31TE / Hull# 221
Cummins QSC 8.3 / 500 hp
December '13 - April '23

- 2002 / 28TE / Hull# 614
Cummins 6BTA 370 hp / Alaskan Bulkhead
April '04 ~ May '13
mhanna
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Sayville NY

Post by mhanna »

Can we see some pictures of the TV on its mount ? And how does it stay put while moving ?

Thx
Matt
2001 28TE - Doghouse
Pitou
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Gloucester, MA

Mainship Mount

Post by Pitou »

Not in the Albin, but went to the boat show in Boston this past January and was checking out mounting options / snapped some pics. This photo came from a Mainship.
I have seen this same mount at my local BestBuy and Tweeter. The mount allows you to swivel the display and turn it to be flush to the wall and cranking down on the butterfly nuts holds it secure. Pictures are good!

[img][img]http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s52/ ... 010013.jpg[/img][/img]
kevinS
>><<>>;>

Former Boats:

- 2006 31TE / Hull# 221
Cummins QSC 8.3 / 500 hp
December '13 - April '23

- 2002 / 28TE / Hull# 614
Cummins 6BTA 370 hp / Alaskan Bulkhead
April '04 ~ May '13
scarbo

Post by scarbo »

Matt:

I'll snap some pictures next time I'm up on the boat. It stays in place just fine underway...the telescope mount lets you adjust the degree of friction in the hinges and doesn't drift at all, even with tipping and rocking. One suggestion: make a cardboard template of the TV and trace around the mount base, and then you can drill the holes right where you want them to center the screen on the wall.

Return to “Electronics”