• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Floscan

GPS, Sonar, Radar, Fishfinder, etc. Discuss electronics installation and upgrades.
NJRobert
Gold Member
Gold Member

Floscan

Post by NJRobert »

Does anyone have a Floscan fuel management system installed on their Albin?
Donya
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Bellingham

Post by Donya »

Don and Taunya
2003 28TE -Dog On It-
Commodore Bellingham Wheel and Keel
NJRobert
Gold Member
Gold Member

Floscan calibration

Post by NJRobert »

About how many times did you need to go thru the 3 step calibration, till you felt you had it right?
Donya
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Bellingham

Post by Donya »

We just completed a three week 800mi journey up the inside passage and would top off around the half tank mark. I adjusted the total gallons used three times to get the amount filled to be closer to the amount indicated.
I had used Flo scans method before, but it was off when running at cruising speed continually.
Don and Taunya
2003 28TE -Dog On It-
Commodore Bellingham Wheel and Keel
furball
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Chester, Md

Post by furball »

I have only filled the tank a couple of times since buying our 28 last year. The first was right on, 86 on the pump, 85 on the Floscan, last 2 times I added 10 gallons more than the Floscan indicated (85) to top off the tank. I have spent more time at lower rpm's the last couple as well. I think the accuracy of the floscan will be largely dependant on how consistent your cruising is. I'm going to fill-up this weekend, Floscan shows about 100 gal used. How far off are/were you? I figure if I'm within 5-10% I'm happy.
John
Chief
2005 31TE
Cummins 450

Formerly,
Transition
2006 28TE
Yanmar 6LP

Return to “Electronics”