• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Autopilot 36' Trawler

GPS, Sonar, Radar, Fishfinder, etc. Discuss electronics installation and upgrades.
sloopjah
Swabby
Swabby

Autopilot 36' Trawler

Post by sloopjah »

Hi, I have an Albin 36 Trawler with hydrolic sterring. Could anyone here recomend an autopilot make and model?
JackK
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Portsmouth, Rhode Island

Post by JackK »

I have a Furuno NavPilot 511 unit on my 28. This is my third season with the auto-pilot and I don't know how I got along without it. Mine is integrated with my 10.5" radar/chartplotter (Furuno 1833C/NT).

You may want to choose the unit that best integrates with you current GPS. If your buying the whole package, I highly recommend the Furuno Vx2 systems. I'm not sure they have the bugs worked out of the new NavNet 3D systems.

Jack
former boat .. 2003 28 TE Flushdeck Dogonit

Return to “Electronics”