• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

New RADAR/Chartplotter

GPS, Sonar, Radar, Fishfinder, etc. Discuss electronics installation and upgrades.
craw_daddy
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Key Largo, FL

Re: New RADAR/Chartplotter

Post by craw_daddy »

Here is a pic that my daughter took that shows the mount from below. Not the best detail, but it conveys the approach. In this shot, I am standing forward enjoying the breeze as we are cruising. The position, proximity, & look angle when needing to view the monitor is excellent using this mount & the installation requires minimal drilling through the hard top. The wiring is fished through the access plates below the arch, & exit through anearby removeable cover over the starboard wiper motor. Also, my helm console is still virgin.

2006 28te 'Grace Full'
Key Largo, FL
craw_daddy
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by craw_daddy »

Here are soem pics of my elecrtonics installation which uses a single S/S tube, pressed down at teh ends, installed to the hard top grab-rail hardware. Besides the tube, there are some machined parts that get fabricate to attach the electronics side plates. This was very creative & was designed by the guy that I purchased the boat from. It is at a good height to be out of the way, but is highly visible if you need to scrutinize some small chart detail.

I still need to modify the plastic cover over the wiper motor to neaten thing up..

2006 28te 'Grace Full'
Key Largo, FL
Mariner
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Mariner »

That's a very interesting installation. But I have to be honest, I'd probably prefer to have everything flush mounted in the console. Personally, I like to have all my information in one place, to reduce eye fatigue.
zinbaad
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by zinbaad »

I like the stainless steel tube idea, no drilling holes I am considering some type of pole holder idea utilizing the forward & aft roof bolts to attach poles. I DONT WANT TO DRILL
if i dont have to. A roll of the plastic split corrigated tubing would cover your wires nicely :wink:
"MAHALO"
31 Tournament Edition
Hull#223 oop's
Twin 315's
Baysideanglers.com
Nowhere Special
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Catawba Island, Lake Erie

Post by Nowhere Special »

Not to steal the thread, where did you get the roof rack for the fishing rods? Very nice idea.
Dave
1999 28TE Aba Daba
craw_daddy
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by craw_daddy »

that rod rack came from Boaters World http://www.boatersworld.com/product/479530453.htm

It was only $25 and works great for for everything but my heaviest boat rods (6/0 reels, 50# line). the trick to teh installation is to use short SS screws with holes just big enough to screw into. Teh drill holes do not go through to the topside. I also used some 3M 5200 as an adhesive/sealant.
2006 28te 'Grace Full'
Key Largo, FL

Return to “Electronics”