• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Lowrance LCX-104C, Power on/off problem

GPS, Sonar, Radar, Fishfinder, etc. Discuss electronics installation and upgrades.
snewman
First Mate
First Mate

Lowrance LCX-104C, Power on/off problem

Post by snewman »

When I turned my depth/GPS Lowrance on, the screen remained blank for 15-20 seconds, then gradually came on for a few seconds and then went blank. It continued to cycle in that fashion. I then tried to turn it off and it will not. It just continues to cycle as described until I killed the power to it.
Any suggestions for a guy that knows a lot more about paper charts than electroics?
Thanks,
Scott
jcollins
In Memorium
Home Port: Baltimore

Re: Lowrance LCX-104C, Power on/off problem

Post by jcollins »

Hi Scott,
I have a Lowrance and seem to remember having that problem when I first got the unit. Try to reseat the chip, be sure it's in the correct slot. Other than that, did you have at least 11 volts? Mine shuts down at 10.
John
Former - 28 TE Convertible"Afterglow"
RicM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Lowrance LCX-104C, Power on/off problem

Post by RicM »

Sounds like low power to me, may be amps. When I bought my new Furuno equipment last year I hooked it up to a 120AC>12 V power supply to play with in my basement. I had used this power supply to run my older 7" Furuno GPS for testing. The new one kept cycling on & off as you describe. Then I realized that the new unit with 10" screen drew a lot more power that the older 7 inch. Trip to radio shack, 20 Amp powersupply and it worked perfect! I would be sure that your battery is fully charged, then run a pair of 12 gauge jumpers right from the + and - pole of the battery. If it works that way start tracing both your 12v+ and your ground to find out where you are loosing power.
Ric Murray

Big Time, 42' 1993 Jersey Sportfish
Formerly owned Time After Time, 2003 28TE
Wickford RI

Return to “Electronics”