• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

raymarine 120 wide

GPS, Sonar, Radar, Fishfinder, etc. Discuss electronics installation and upgrades.
saltshaker28
Gold Member
Gold Member

raymarine 120 wide

Post by saltshaker28 »

Just had a raymarine 120 wide installed in my 28 te I love the unit but the only problem is that when I run the boat up to 3000 rpm I loose the dsm that controls the fish finder depth recorder my transducer is located on the port side of the boat 6 inches from the center line and in line with the oil dipstick has anyone had this problem and does anyone have a location for their transducer that works well need some help
jcollins
In Memorium
Home Port: Baltimore

Re: raymarine 120 wide

Post by jcollins »

I don't have that model. I have the Lowrance 113HD. My transducer is just about the same place as yours. I lose the bottom at around 18-19 knots. It picks up again if I go faster or slower.
I left the original one installed with the boat. (small Auto Helm digital unit) That one always shows depth as low as 2.5. Any lower than that I'm not going anywhere. :)
John
Former - 28 TE Convertible"Afterglow"
Pitou
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Gloucester, MA

Re: raymarine 120 wide

Post by Pitou »

Check out the attached thread below "transducer location".

I just installed a new sounder & ducer. My old ducer was located outboard of the port stringer next to the engine and always dropped out at speed. The new install is forward of the engine & transmission 9 inches port of the center line and after a 400 nm trip she didn't drop out even once. Thanks to RobS for his pictures and all those that shared in the following thread ;

viewtopic.php?f=27&t=2305
kevinS
>><<>>;>

Former Boats:

- 2006 31TE / Hull# 221
Cummins QSC 8.3 / 500 hp
December '13 - April '23

- 2002 / 28TE / Hull# 614
Cummins 6BTA 370 hp / Alaskan Bulkhead
April '04 ~ May '13
saltshaker28
Gold Member