• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

circuit breaker--Raymarine

GPS, Sonar, Radar, Fishfinder, etc. Discuss electronics installation and upgrades.
BobR
Gold Member
Gold Member

circuit breaker--Raymarine

Post by BobR »

I am hoping this is a simple problem. Over the last few weeks I began tonotice that I was receiving a "no fix" signal on my Raymarine. Today I was monkeying around with it and noticed that when I flipped the "radar on switch" to on located on the control panel it flipped back to off while I was turning the GPS on. After a few attempts the "radar on switch" located on the control panel just automatically flipped without touching the GPS.
Bad fuse?
mhanna
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Sayville NY

Re: circuit breaker--Raymarine

Post by mhanna »

Bob, I have a Raymarine system as I am sure many do, I do not believe there are any switches to turn on the radar, just "soft" buttons on the displays. I guess I do not understand how the switch pops. What series of Raymarine are you working with ?
2001 28TE - Doghouse
BobR
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by BobR »

thanks for responding. My terminology appears to be way off. I am confusing circuit, with breakers, with control panel, etc.
I have the GPS up and running now, however I still get a "no fix" signal. It appears that I am not picking up any satellites. My antenna may be shot. It may be time to spend some money and have a pro properly diagnose and repair.
thanks again.
JackK
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Portsmouth, Rhode Island

Post by JackK »

A slipmate of mine had been having problems off and on with his Raymarine C series. It turned out that water was getting inside the GPS antenna causing it to work intermittently. He replaced the antenna and noticed that the "NEW" design had a drain hole in the antenna. He hasn't had any problems since replacing the antenna.

Jack
former boat .. 2003 28 TE Flushdeck Dogonit

Return to “Electronics”