• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Solar Panels

GPS, Sonar, Radar, Fishfinder, etc. Discuss electronics installation and upgrades.
Doug
First Mate
First Mate

Solar Panels

Post by Doug »

I am considering installing some solar panels on our 32+2 CB. Mainly to help offset the large amount of power the 2 Norcold refrigerators use. This seems less expensive that switching out the refrigerators to more efficient units. Anyone had any experience with this?

Doug
bccanucker
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Gibsons Marina, BC, Canada

Re: Solar Panels

Post by bccanucker »

We installed 3 135Watt solar panels and a Morningstar MPPT Tristar 45 Controller on our 36' mid July. We are extremely satisfied with this addition. We're running a full size Danfoss type fridge and a 65L Nova Kool refridge/freezer cooler and make coffee in the morning with an automatic coffe maker through the inverter. We use about 100 amp hours per day. The panels had the batteries fully charged each day. On good sunny days we were charging around 25-29 amps. On a gray cloudy day we got arond 7 amps. No genset, no noise :D
We just have to figure out how to get the water hot
Roy Warner
Blue Heron
1988 36' Classic
Treeman
First Mate
First Mate

Re: Solar Panels

Post by Treeman »

Bravo, Roy. I've been considering replacing my aging soft cover on the bridge of my A25 with solar panels. Thanks for the great encouraging report!

Return to “Electronics”