• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Radar mount angle on 32-35 Command Bridge

GPS, Sonar, Radar, Fishfinder, etc. Discuss electronics installation and upgrades.
ctlionsden
Gold Member
Gold Member

Radar mount angle on 32-35 Command Bridge

Post by ctlionsden »

I'm going to raise the radome on our new 1995 32 Command Bridge by adding a 1 ft mount to get an unobstructed sweep. Currently, the 360° anchor light, the gps antenna, and other low obstructions on the bridge top appear on the radar screen. Sea Scan's eBay store offers mounts angled downward from 0-6° to compensate for the rise of the bow when cruising. Anybody have an idea—or be willing to take a guess at :wink: —what the optimum angle would be?
Lyn & Lionel Eliovson
TOGETHER
1995 32CB SF
Seaslug44
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Radar mount angle on 32-35 Command Bridge

Post by Seaslug44 »

On our boats, with the way our bows like to rise even with trim tabs I would say you will need at least 4"
Carl
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Oxford, MD

Post by Carl »

I angled mine simply by adding/stacking SS washers on the back side. Depending on how many, you may need a longer bolt, I did not, however I had some on hand just in case. If nothing else you can use this method to determine how much of a wedge you need. Mine has been working fine with the washers in place for 3 years, so I have never installed a wedge. I dont remember if they were 3/8 or 5/16. I think 3/8.
28TE "Kozy L"
"How U Albin"
jleonard
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Mystic, CT

Post by jleonard »

I also used washers on my previous boat, an old Mainship trawler.
I had 2 under the rear radome mounts
Formerly
1983 40 Albin trunk cabin
Attitude Adjustment
Mystic, CT

Return to “Electronics”