• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Garmin Electronics

GPS, Sonar, Radar, Fishfinder, etc. Discuss electronics installation and upgrades.
Ray Morley
Gold Member
Gold Member

Garmin Electronics

Post by Ray Morley »

I'm back again. My TE is running great I have confidence in the boat and with my new electronics I feel even better. Recently early July I purchased the new Garmin chart plotter and radar. I took out the Ray Marine stuff,(it works fine) and replaced all of it I also added the GPSMAP which I think gives a better prospective on where you are. The screen is very fast (touch screen) and it is intuitive which leads me to the next subject; I have all of the Ray Marine stuff right here two screens, radar and all cables and they are free. Anyone wanting them just send me an e-mail ray.morley @ verizon.net or call my cell 978 337 1561.
My engine now has 300 hours (boat is a 2001 TE 28) and I have grown to really like it.

Ray Morley
Panhdjoe
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Osprey Marina, Myrtle Beach SC

Re: Garmin Electronics

Post by Panhdjoe »

Hello I could not get the E mail to work, I will call tomorrow Morning, I would love to have your old stuff. I am fixing up a 27 family cruiser on a tight budget. The only thing I dont need is a VHF radio, I will gladly pay for shipping and packaging. Thank you
Joe Lockhart
Columbia SC
1983 36 classic
1995 192 Grady White w/ 150 Yamaha
2003 Boss 8'6" Dingy w/6 hp Suzuki
Ray Morley
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Ray Morley »

Thanks for the call Joe, the equipment will be on the way by Monday or Tuesday
Ray Morley
RobS
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Center Moriches, NY

Post by RobS »

Ray,
We met in Boston at the 2008 Rendezvous. Glad to see your still an Albineer and enjoying it. How's the B&B?
Rob S.
"TENACIOUS"
1974 Chris Craft 36' Commander Tournament
Cummins 6BTA 330B's

(Former Owner)
"TOY-RIFIC" 2000 28TE, 6LP, Hull 408

Luck is the residue of good design.
Ray Morley
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Ray Morley »

B&B is fine we have been very busy this summer. My Albin has 300 hours on and I am loving it. We went to Province town last week it took about 3 1/2 hours at 10 knots. Boat went over at 10 knots and returned at 12 knots. We used 1/4 tank fuel. The Garmin system is very intuitive, you can get rid of extra clutter, you can name routes, you can overlay radar and they tell you radar signatures come up in orange (you can change the colors) there is so much to this system that you can figure out how to use. I'm sure you can do it all on the Raymarine but it takes a lot of time to figure out how to do it. If you are ever in this area please stop by.
Thanks
Ray Morley Sea Inn
jleonard
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Mystic, CT

Post by jleonard »

Speaking of Garmin electronics, let me relate a "problem" I had with my chartplotter yesterday.
Went to leave Watch Hill , RI to go back to Mystic and my Garmin wouldn't fire up. I heard a slight beep, but the screen was blank. No problem, been the rouite hundreds of times, weather was clear as a bell.
Once we got out of the anchorage the first mate went below and brought the multimeter back to the bridge. Ok, I have 13.7 volts at the power connection so I didn't blow a fuse. Then forat mate said she heard the low voltage alarm beep on the garmin as I was using the windlass...no problem that happens from time to time.
Back at the dock I am bitching to amrina neighbor about hiow my Garmin is toast. He said here's what happened to me and my Garmin last week.
Keep pressing the"on" button...somehow mine went full dark and that brought it back. :roll:
So I tried that and it worked. All I can think of is I accidentally did a double press on the on button last time I shut down and it scrolled the screen to full dark. :oops:

Thought putting this in thememory bank this might save someone one of these days.
:wink:
Formerly
1983 40 Albin trunk cabin
Attitude Adjustment
Mystic, CT

Return to “Electronics”