• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

northstar electronics

GPS, Sonar, Radar, Fishfinder, etc. Discuss electronics installation and upgrades.
erice
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: n. kingstown ri

northstar electronics

Post by erice »

is anyone familiar with northstar electronics? i'm looking at a boat with northstar radar/gps unit, but have no experience with this name. thanks, eric
joe.baar
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Everett, WA

Re: northstar electronics

Post by joe.baar »

Northstar is one of several companies now part of Navico. Some of the others are Lowrance, Eagle and Simrad.

Northstar and Simrad both market the game-changing broadband radar (BR24) which I have on order. I've just received a Northstar M84 chartplotter - the M84 and M121 are one generation astern of their latest, the HDS series plotter-fishfinder, but I didn't need all the NMEA 2000 functionality and price. So far the manuals for the radar and plotter I have indicate a lot of really nice features and a very user-friendly interface but I have not installed any of the equipment yet so can't give a full report.

I will agree Furuno has great equipment and you'll see it on a lot of commercial vessels but their new stuff is priced way out of my range. I'm replacing a set of 3 1996-vintage Furuno units that display in black and white only, with a single Northstar device.

Hope this was helpful.
(former owners)
Joe Baar and Suzanne Lammers
1995 28TE "Liberty" 6LPA hull# 132
Ballard

Return to “Electronics”