• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

What if this happen to you, what would you do?

GPS, Sonar, Radar, Fishfinder, etc. Discuss electronics installation and upgrades.
rcornejo
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Rockport, Texas

Re: What if this happen to you, what would you do?

Post by rcornejo »

Hi Jack,

Thanks for your post. If you know of anyone that can make that link happen please try. I still believe that not everyone is equal in thier experience so getting sound advice is invaluable. I am working on getting some more training on paper charts. Understanding everything available to use to get home other than just heading in a direction is very important. I understand that if you head towards a mark may get you close but in an emergency, time is of the essence. Thanks again for your input.

Roland
Roland Cornejo
Goin Deeper
1997 28 TE
dgurgel
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: South Amboy (Raritan Bay), NJ

Re: What if this happen to you, what would you do?

Post by dgurgel »

My backup GPS is an Horizon HX850S handheld, floating VHF with GPS (no chart, just lat, lng, course, speed, time). That and a paper chart will get me anywhere day or night If the diesel is running. This item originally had a list of $795 but now can be had new for $157 or less on Amazon and elsewhere.

I enjoyed reading the many interesting posts on this topic. The initial posting posed some interesting questions.
Dave Gurgel
2000 Albin 28 TE, "Energetic"
Hull #453

Return to “Electronics”