• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Remote Spot Light on 30 FC

GPS, Sonar, Radar, Fishfinder, etc. Discuss electronics installation and upgrades.
egauthier@ec.rr.com
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: New Bern NC

Remote Spot Light on 30 FC

Post by egauthier@ec.rr.com »

I have ordered a spot light for our 30FC (KP Duty - pilot house vertually the same as 28 Express). It appears that power for a light may be prewired. Would appreciate advice from anyone who has done this or who knows does and don'ts for such a project. I plan to instlal an RF remote so only need power to the light.

Peter Gauthier
Peter Gauthier
KP Duty - New Bern, NC
DougSea
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Safe Harbor - Essex Island Marina, Essex, CT

Re: Remote Spot Light on 30 FC

Post by DougSea »

If it is pre-wired you would most likely find the wires behind the center wiper access, the small plate above your center windshield.

Do you have a switch marked spotlight? If so, find the back side of it and figure out the color of the positive feed, then trace that. Good luck!
Doug
Sonny IV
2006 35TE Convertible, Volvo D6-370's
Former owner - Sonny III, 1997 28TE with "The BEAST"
egauthier@ec.rr.com
Gold Member
Gold Member

Thank you. I will trace wiring from switch panel in pilot house and see how to get power up there.
There is one switch location that is not used which may come in handy for this project.
Peter
Peter Gauthier
KP Duty - New Bern, NC
johnmurray
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by johnmurray »

Have you completed your spot light installation? If so, how did it go? I installed one on my last boat (A-27 Express) but not so far on katie G
John Murray...Albin 30FC..."katie G"...Ottawa Canada
egauthier@ec.rr.com
Gold Member
Gold Member

Yes, I completed the spot light installation. There was some pre wiring from the starboard side pilot house up to the cabin top which I used to get power to the light. I used an RF controled light to avoid the need to run a wiring harness from the helm station to the light. Probably could have done it but not an easy job. I installed a rocker switch for power on and off, and the RF controller for controlling the light. It all works as expected. A good safety feature for nightime operations.

Peter
Peter Gauthier
KP Duty - New Bern, NC

Return to “Electronics”