• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

ANNOYING BEEPING FROM C120

GPS, Sonar, Radar, Fishfinder, etc. Discuss electronics installation and upgrades.
erice
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: n. kingstown ri

ANNOYING BEEPING FROM C120

Post by erice »

I'VE RECENTLY BOUGHT A USED C120. LAST WEEK, WHEN MARKING A MOORING, I PRESSED THE MOB BUTTON. IT DID NOT SEEM TO WORK, SO I PRESSED IT AGAIN, LONGER. NOW, EVERY 60 SECONDS OR SO, IT BEEPS SEVERAL TIMES. I CANNOT FIND ANYTHING IN THE OWNERS MANUAL ON THIS, BUT I'M SURE IT'S TO DO WITH THE MOB BUTTON.
jcollins
In Memorium
Home Port: Baltimore

Re: ANNOYING BEEPING FROM C120

Post by jcollins »

According to the manual - Press and hold MOB for 4 seconds to clear the alarm.
Manual attached. (that I found)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
John
Former - 28 TE Convertible"Afterglow"
erice
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by erice »

jcollins: you are correct, sir. that cleared the beeping. when i sent the message, i was at work and without access to my o/m. now, one other problem. the unit was working fine, then i lost my fix. checked wires, etc, all ok. cleaned the connectors with electronics cleaner and replaced all plugs. turned on, working fine. thought i had it figured out until the next day. turned it on again, but now no fix again. tried the cleaning thing again, still no fix. any ideas???
ScubaPete
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Seaford, Virginia

Post by ScubaPete »

erice,
Any fix to your "lost fix" problem? I intermittently have the same thing happen. Sometimes it finds itself after rebooting the GPS, and sometimes after shutting the unit down, and turning it back on. Sometimes it just goes away and reappears hours later.
mhanna
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Sayville NY

Post by mhanna »

Somewhere in the Raymarine menu is the satellite option. From there you can see how they are tracking. Or how they are not.
Just steps in troubleshooting.

Matt
2001 28TE - Doghouse
ScubaPete
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by ScubaPete »

I can see which satellites are tracking, and it may be receiving a signal from 4 or 5 (or more), but it still looses a fix. My little Garmin handheld backup never misses a beat. I don't know if it is an antenna issue, or the unit is just not working right.
erice
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by erice »

Scuba Pete. The resolution to that problem was a bad connection at a Sherlock connector. I think it was the red, green and yellow wires, but I am not sure.
ScubaPete
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by ScubaPete »

"....... problem was a bad connection at a Sherlock connector."

What and where is the Sherlock connector? I that one of the plugs in the back of the chartplotter?
jleonard
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Mystic, CT

Post by jleonard »

Ask Watson :lol:
Formerly
1983 40 Albin trunk cabin
Attitude Adjustment
Mystic, CT
erice
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by erice »

The Sherlock connector is a crimp style wire connector filled with sealant that is used for small electronics wiring. It is not part of the chart plotter, just a connector.

Return to “Electronics”