• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Anchor Light Problem

GPS, Sonar, Radar, Fishfinder, etc. Discuss electronics installation and upgrades.
ALBIN
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: SC

Anchor Light Problem

Post by ALBIN »

I would appreciate any suggestions troubleshooting an anchor light problem.
I have no power to rear anchor light (at the bulb) but don't know how to test the switch.

Up position is red green front anchor and stern
Middle position is off
Down only powers front anchor light

Thanks
Tim
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
special k
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: mystic

Re: Anchor Light Problem

Post by special k »

anchor light is typically the 360 degree white usually on a small mast. the stern white is a running light.
ALBIN
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by ALBIN »

Sorry about the confusion.

The 360 degree anchor light (roof top light) has 2 bulbs with 2 seperate power wire and one ground.

The front bulb has power the rear bulb does not.

The red green and stern light all work fine.
RicM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by RicM »

You should not have power to the rear light on the mast when the switch is in the running position. You should have power to the front and rear bulb on the mast when the switch is in the anchor position. If you don't have 12V to the rear bulb in ANY position the rear bulb wire is disconnected at the switch or is broken somewhere along the run. Easy trouble shoot is to bypass existing wire from any 12V source to fixture. If it lights it's the wire in place. Easy fix is to pull a new wire through using the old one.
Ric Murray

Big Time, 42' 1993 Jersey Sportfish
Formerly owned Time After Time, 2003 28TE
Wickford RI
ALBIN
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by ALBIN »

Jumped the switch with an alligator jumper (jumped top and bottom 2 prongs on the switch -there are 6 prongs on the back of the switch) and found out the switch was bad. Only area of confusion durning testing was in the up position the switch activated the bottom 2 wires on the switch and the down activated the top 2 wires.
So I ordered a switch from west marine replaced it now everything works great

Thanks
Tim
DougSea
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Safe Harbor - Essex Island Marina, Essex, CT

Post by DougSea »

CHARITYPENDING wrote:Jumped the switch with an alligator jumper (jumped top and bottom 2 prongs on the switch -there are 6 prongs on the back of the switch) and found out the switch was bad. Only area of confusion durning testing was in the up position the switch activated the bottom 2 wires on the switch and the down activated the top 2 wires.
So I ordered a switch from west marine replaced it now everything works great

Thanks
Tim
The "workings" of the switch are attached to the other end of the toggle lever. So when the end you can see is "up" the other end is "down".
Doug
Sonny IV
2006 35TE Convertible, Volvo D6-370's
Former owner - Sonny III, 1997 28TE with "The BEAST"

Return to “Electronics”