• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

AIS Std. Horizon Matrix GX2100 and Simrad NSS 8

GPS, Sonar, Radar, Fishfinder, etc. Discuss electronics installation and upgrades.
kmary
First Mate
First Mate
Home Port: Walpole

AIS Std. Horizon Matrix GX2100 and Simrad NSS 8

Post by kmary »

This is pretty specialized, but figured it was worth a shot anyway... Does anyone have any experience setting up AIS on Simrads NSS series displays? I have the GX 2100 Matrix AIS VHF and have successfully got all the coordinates coming over from the Simrad NSS (so AIS on the VHF is working), but am not seeing any of my listed vessels showing up back on my Simrad? I have tried every imaginable combination of the talker/listener wires NE0183, Std. Horizon has done a lovely job cryptically putting together a schematic (3 positive wires and a common?). Simrads layout seems pretty clear, and I got the beta not to run it in the Sim2000 network.
mhanna
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Sayville NY

Re: AIS Std. Horizon Matrix GX2100 and Simrad NSS 8

Post by mhanna »

I have a GX2150 and have the AIS communications working in both directions. The 2150 can do bi-directional communications at 38,000 baud on 1 NMEA port.
The GX2100 needs a plotter with 2 NMEA ports, one for transmitting position data (it looks like you got that working) and another for receiving the AIS updates. The NSS has only 1 NMEA port so I am not sure what you are going to be able to do.
Here is a link to some more info
http://www.standardhorizon.com/download ... cation/pdf

I have the wiring diagrams if you would like but it will not work for the 2100.

Matt
2001 28TE - Doghouse
kmary
First Mate
First Mate
Home Port: Walpole

Re: AIS Std. Horizon Matrix GX2100 and Simrad NSS 8

Post by kmary »

Thank you! I actual got a free upgrade from the outfit I bought it from, since they initially mislead me. Stoked ! Everything is working an the ais on chart is really slick.

Return to “Electronics”