• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Raymarine C127 or New Sounder?

GPS, Sonar, Radar, Fishfinder, etc. Discuss electronics installation and upgrades.
jumpjet231
Gold Member
Gold Member

Raymarine C127 or New Sounder?

Post by jumpjet231 »

It hasn't been a good season for "Wave-off". First my mixing elbow and now my DSM 250 sounder for the C120. I called Ray today and was told the new DSM30 was the replacement for the old 250. However, he said I would need to send the C120 and the DSM30 to them to "tweak it" so it works right together. I told him their website says they are compatible. He said that he is "The" sonar guy at Ray and I need to send them in if I want them to work right. He also added that I could just buy the C127 with the sounder module built in and save the time and energy. Albin couldn't have put this in a more inaccessible place. I had to remove the stbd cabinetry in the pilot house to access it above the hot water heater and just below the switch panel.

So my question is, does anyone have the C127 and are you happy with it? I don't know anyone around here with one to play with.
2004 28TE
"Wave-off"

Return to “Electronics”