• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Si-Tex autopilot

GPS, Sonar, Radar, Fishfinder, etc. Discuss electronics installation and upgrades.
kjg1951
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Oriental NC

Si-Tex autopilot

Post by kjg1951 »

Can someone explain to me what the difference is in the letters on the SI-TEX autopilot SP-110 VF and RF and which one would i need for my 28T albin which has a Robertson autopilot on it now but the compass is missing and it looks like i am not goinhg to find one.... I think the VR stands for virtual rudder but have no idea what that means and RF ??????? thank you for for help
Kevin G
mhanna
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Sayville NY

Re: Si-Tex autopilot

Post by mhanna »

A quick search shows the VF as you stated virtual feedback
http://www.si-tex.com/index.php/press/2 ... bilities-3

I am guessing the "RF" stands for rudder feedback.

You say that you are missing the compass on your Robertson, not sure what kind of system you have but many systems can use any NMEA 183 compass.

I happen to like rudder feedback, one of the features is on the dash I can see where the rudder is at a glace.

Matt
2001 28TE - Doghouse
RobS
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Center Moriches, NY

Post by RobS »

I agree, rudder feedback is what I would prefer. You need the model to run the hydraulic reversing pump, not the model for mechanical steering. If you need to change the pump you will need to select the pump based on the volume of your steering cylinder as the flow rate of the pump needs to be matched with the cylinder fluid volume for proper rudder speed. The steering cylinder specs are on the cylinder body.
Rob S.
"TENACIOUS"
1974 Chris Craft 36' Commander Tournament
Cummins 6BTA 330B's

(Former Owner)
"TOY-RIFIC" 2000 28TE, 6LP, Hull 408

Luck is the residue of good design.
jleonard
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Mystic, CT

Post by jleonard »

When I installed my SiTex to replce the old Robertson, I installed mini shut off valves at the junction to the hyd pump, then ran hydraulic hoses to the new pump. I didn't lose more than a couple of teaspoons of fluid. and the hoses made the install nice and neat. I bought everything from McMaster Carr. The hoses were "standard lengths".
Formerly
1983 40 Albin trunk cabin
Attitude Adjustment
Mystic, CT

Return to “Electronics”