• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Raymarine 435 Chartplotter Problem

GPS, Sonar, Radar, Fishfinder, etc. Discuss electronics installation and upgrades.
johnmurray
Gold Member
Gold Member

Raymarine 435 Chartplotter Problem

Post by johnmurray »

When I purchased my boat in 2005 I had a Raymarine 435 Chatplotter installed and it has worked flawlessly up until about a month ago when the screen started going blank at intermittent intervals. If I rebooted the unit sometimes it would come back normally and other times it would not. I checked the back of the unit for loose wires but there was nothing evident.
Given that I have had seven years of use, I don't think it owes me anything, but is it worth hiring a technician to take a look at it or have I arrived at the point where I should upgrade to something new with a bigger screen?
John Murray...Albin 30FC..."katie G"...Ottawa Canada
Mike Ebert
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Sausalito, CA

Re: Raymarine 435 Chartplotter Problem

Post by Mike Ebert »

Hi John, I have a Raymarine C-120 chartplotter that started acting goofy. I had the local tech guy look at it and found no wiring problems. It turned out that the chip I bought to upgrade the charts was bad. An easy check if you can't find anything else.
CATCHALL
31 ft. TE
Sausalito, CA

Return to “Electronics”